What is LASIK and PRK?
They are surgical procedures that reshape the cornea, the front surface of the eye, to improve vision.
Are LASIK and PRK safe?
The outcomes are generally good and they are recognized by the FDA as safe and effective. The most common side effects include dry eyes and glare at night.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility can be determined with a consultation, but below are a few general guidelines.
- You must have healthy eyes (no glaucoma, infection, cataracts or severe dry eyes).
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- Your vision must be stable for at least one year.
- You must not be pregnant or nursing.
- You cannot have a degenerative or autoimmune disease.
What if time passes and I’m not seeing better?
There is a small chance of a regression or a gradual worsening of vision. In which case, an enhancement may correct the problem.
For more information, click here.